lunes, 22 de abril de 2013

Settled in Spain... you think???




Back from away..here is I...

After a couple of months of settling into Spain , Malgrat de Mar.. we decided we didnt lost enough kilo's from the stress of moving to Malgrat.. So our best choice was to move again!

This time we stayed in the country and moved closer to Barcelona.
unfortunately we did it for nothing , as the kilo's are still there.. grmbl..
But we are happy that we don't have to travel so far from work and back anymore as for me it was a 5 hour journey altogether every day.. ( what was i thinking?????)

Now we moved to a lovely appartment ( 135m2) in the mountains of Montcada I Reixac.
This time we decided to not take on all the prehistoric furniture from the owner as in usual cases here in Spain ( and Ireland as well ) and we bought all our furniture and ofcourse decided to paint the house in various colours...

And have I known that!!! Hubbie decided that he didnt want to paint one single wall as he has trauma's from once needing to paint 300 hotelrooms in a winter job in Malgrat a year before yesterday.. But ofcourse he only decided to tell me this little news when I told him already we wont hire a painter to do it,we easily can do it ourselves.. uhuh.... So on one fine Monday morning our aupair Lorena and myself went to the new house and started the horrible job.. I have to tell you , without a ladder and having to stand on a Ikea side table was not one of our smartest moments.. I stretched every muscle in my body and so did Lorena.. It took us 4 days to finish this helluva job, which I am very proud off!!

Then Shayne called and had the nerve to tell me the planning for the next weekend ( the moving weekend)..
We would move everything on Friday and I ( yes you woman!!) had to come back on Saturday to clean the damn old place!! I think I hung up on him, but not sure anymore..

Eventually the moving day turned out like this.. Me in the morning with our friend in the car to the new house, quickly back.. Lorena brought the kids to school.. Shayne went with the moving van.. Jany cleaned the old house.. ( yep ..me woman..sigh.. , there goes my feminist side..)Then went around 4 with the double buggy filled to the rim with stuff and Livia and the single buggy with Sofia , Lorena of course also in the train to Montcada.. Lorena and me were a bit angry at Shayne for letting us do that ( shouting that we weren't a bunch of well say it nicely again.. homeless  people..) I called him in the train , to pick us up in Clot Aragot ( the station where we had to change trains, about ten minutes from our new house ) . His answer was very clear.. ' No, I don't want to be seen with you bunch of (well say it nicely again).. homeless  people..!! ' uhmm Shayne.. get your lazy dingdong here NOW!!!!!!

Ok I am not totally fair now with my beloved, its not that he didnt do anything at all..
I am sure that the 50 boxes of flat packed furniture we got from IKEA , was a pain in the ....bottom..

Now the moving is done and dusted.. we are sort of settled in again..
Sofia posing while having a walk around the new place..
Some boxes still need unpacking.. they are put away for now in our guest room, together with the 50 empty IKEA boxes, which we have no clue what to do with!

The girls are settling in fine, although they are really ready to go back to daycare now again, which they will next week hopefully.
relaxing in the new place..
You can see that Sofia is really getting bored now in the house , with letting her imagination run a bit to far.. pretending the new chair is a coloring pad.. the markers are nail polish.. and my hairspray being well whatever she thought when she sprayed in her bedroom.. I say again and again.. never trust toddlers when they are quiet and out of sight!!!

Livia is growing really fast and is progressing bit by bit.. she is a happy little bunny , who sings and talks, in her own language though, the whole day..
happy in the playground
She now got the joys of the playground, which before she wouldn't step foot in and also figured out that she can climb on everything lately.. which means we find her on top of tables and chairs in no time!!

Shayne found a cricket club in Barcelona, which he had his first training with last Sunday.
He came back red burned in his face and with a bruised finger.. He told me that he had to take of his wedding ring.. uhuh Shayne.. way to go!! Well i trust him totally , especially when he did so while training with 22 Pakistan guys on a parking lot.. GO GO Barcelona Eagles GO! we will see what the season will bring. I on the other hand am especially happy that he can play his much loved sport again, which is something he missed a lot in the last months..

I mentioned Lorena before as being our aupair, which she is now since December.
A nice girl , who takes good care of our little ones, when we are at work.
As Lorena is Spanish, that means my Spanish is getting better bit by bit.. as that is the language she speaks
 ( duuhhh) Sometimes I even forget she also can understand a bit of English which means i am doing pictionary with her in the living room , trying to make something clear, while she would understand me also in English.. yep.. hardheaded I am...

I am also settling in fine here, am very happy about the commute to work, which now is only 45 minutes.
I am also chuffed with the house, as it has so much potential for my crazy creative mind.. which means in the end that I am more on Pinterest finding DIY ideas then actually being crafty.. 


So that's it for now again , Hasta pronto!!

handmade candle holders for our terrace.









No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario